Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Lando Norris wins Grand Prix for first time ever and ends Max Verstappen’s Miami run.
    Lando Norris has won a Formula 1 Grand Prix for the first time ever as he beat Max Verstappen to the Miami Grand Prix.
    22:41, 5 May 2024
    Jackson Cole
    talkSPORT.com evening editor

The British McLaren driver started the race in fifth but executed the drive of his life as he took advantage of the safety car to pit and retain his lead ahead of second-placed Verstappen.

“WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! F***!" a delighted Norris told his race engineer.
    "I love you all, I love you all so much. We did it Will, we did it!
    "Thanks mum, thanks dad - this one’s for my grandma."

This is the first time Verstappen hasn't been victorious at the Miami Grand Prix and just the second time the reigning champion hasn't won this season, with six in 2024 happening so far.

‘Lando Norris wins Grand Prix for first time’;

https://talksport.com/sport/1856215/...ax-verstappen/

Miami Grand Prix 2024 – F1 Race Results
    McLaren driver Lando Norris took his first ever Formula 1 victory at the 2024 Miami Grand Prix. Full F1 race results from Miami
    5 May 2024
    John Smith
    Total Motorsport

Miami GP 2024 – F1 Race Results
    Pos Driver Team Time
    1 Lando Norris McLaren Leader
    2 Max Verstappen Red Bull +7.612
    3 Charles Leclerc Ferrari +9.920
    4 Carlos Sainz Ferrari +11.407
    5 Sergio Perez Red Bull +14.650
    6 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes +16.585
    7 Yuki Tsunoda RB +26.185
    8 George Russell Mercedes +34.789
    9 Fernando Alonso Aston Martin +37.107
    10 Esteban Ocon Alpine +39.746

‘F1 Race Results’;

https://www.total-motorsport.com/f1-...-race-results/

Lando Norris claims first F1 victory at star-studded Miami Grand Prix as Max Verstappen is forced to settle for second
    Published: 22:35, 5 May 2024
    By Isabel Baldwin
    MailOnline

British Formula One driver Lando Norris claimed his first victory in Formula One at the Miami Grand Prix. The McClaren driver remained cool and composed to hold off the favorite, Red Bull's Max Verstappen, who started in pole position.

Norris' win came in front a host of A-Listers who had descended on Miami for the weekend of on-grid action, including former president Donald Trump, who paid a visit to the McClaren garage ahead of Sunday's race.

‘Lando Norris claims first F1 victory’;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...erstappen.html

F1 Miami Grand Prix: Lando Norris beats Max Verstappen for Formula One first.
    McLaren driver wins race for first time in Formula One career.
    05/05/2024, 22:38
    Evening Standard

Lando Norris finished ahead of Max Verstappen to win the Miami Grand Prix.

‘Lando Norris beats Max Verstappen’;

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/for...-b1155848.html

Lando Norris earns first Grand Prix win in Miami
    10.43pm, 5 May 2024
    The42

MCLAREN’S LANDO NORRIS won the first Formula One race of his career with a shock victory over world champion Max Verstappen in the Miami Grand Prix on Sunday. Norris, in his 110th race for McLaren, beat Verstappen by over seven seconds with Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc finishing third.

Verstappen, who began on pole, had won four of the opening five races of the season and leads the world championship standings. It looked like business as usual with the Dutchman leading until lap 24 when he pitted and Norris’s McLaren team-mate Oscar Piastri took over the lead.

The safety car came after Kevin Magnussen clipped Logan Sargeant, sending the American Williams driver into the wall, bringing a yellow flag. Norris took full advantage of the safety car and with Verstappen struggling to catch up, he secured his maiden win. “I knew it, I knew it when I came in today,” yelled a delighted Norris on the team radio.

‘First Grand Prix win’;

https://www.the42.ie/lando-norris-wi...72535-May2024/

Miami Grand Prix: Lando Norris ends long wait for first F1 win after Max Verstappen ‘disaster’
    05 May 2024 10:36 PM
    Jamie Woodhouse
    PlanetF1.com

The wait is over! At long last, Lando Norris can call himself a Grand Prix winner as he claimed an impressive victory in Miami.

While Max Verstappen had not enjoyed his usual level of comfort, it was the perfect Safety Car timing which opened the door for Norris to snatch the lead, as he ditched Verstappen from there to deliver on his prophecy that a 2024 victory was coming. Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc would complete the podium.

It proved to be a comfortable P4 finish for Sainz, but the true story ahead was Norris, who for the first time in Formula 1, became a Grand Prix winner here in Miami! Verstappen was forced to make do with the second step on the podium, as Leclerc completed the top three.

‘The wait is over!’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/miami-...24-race-report

‘This is for you grandma’: Lando Norris wins first race of F1 career at Miami GP.
    “Whooooooooooo, whoooooooooooo, I love you all,” yelled an emotional Norris over the radio. “Thank you so much. We did it, Will [Joseph, Norris’ race engineer]. We did it.”
    May 6, 2024 8:13 am
    By Philip Duncan, Evan Bartlett
    i News

In his 110th F1 appearance, the 24-year-old from Bristol became the 21st British driver in history to stand on the top step of the podium after he took advantage of a safety car before holding off Max Verstappen.

“I guess that is how it is done. Finally. Oh, I am so happy. I knew it when I came in this morning. I said today is the day, full of opportunities. I nailed it, you nailed it, thank you so much. Thanks mum, thanks dad, this one is for my grandma, thank you very much.”

He added later: “[That’s] for my grandma because she’s not been so well lately. I saw her last week and I told her that I was gonna win a race. I didn’t say when, I just said I was going to win a race… I didn’t know it would be coming this soon but I’m just very happy that I was able to do it as quickly as I did!”

“This is for you grandma”;

https://inews.co.uk/sport/formula-on...42?ITO=newsnow

Brown makes Norris declaration after Miami victory
    The British driver has won his first grand prix, taking first in Miami.
    6 May 12:56AM
    Jake Nichol
    RacingNews365

Zak Brown believes Lando Norris will carry an "inner belief" forwards after taking his first Formula 1 win in the Miami Grand Prix. The McLaren driver emerged victorious at the 110th attempt to secure victory in Miami, becoming the 21st Briton to win a grand prix, and first home driver for the team since the 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix and Jenson Button.

He defeated Max Verstappen in a straight fight after a safety car restart, with Brown believing that Norris will go from strength to strength. "Lando drove perfectly and the strategy was spot on, all the men and women at McLaren have just continued to develop this car," Brown told F1TV.

"It just keeps getting faster and faster and today, no-one had anything for him. It is great to get that first one out of the way. He didn't make any mistakes, and I just think he's going to go from strength to strength now because he is a grand prix winner, and once you've done it, there's an inner belief that just goes to the next level."

"Inner belief";

https://racingnews365.com/brown-make...-miami-victory

Zak Brown reacts to Lando Norris Miami GP win as McLaren boss has celebration in mind
    The McLaren boss is pondering whether to add to his body art after Norris' extraordinary triumph in Miami
    5 May 2024
    By Joe Krishnan
    Total Motorsport

“[My nerves were] not so good, they’re still not good!” Brown told Sky Sports F1 after the race. “But what a drive. The car was great. I’ve got to thank everyone back at McLaren, and here. All the hard work is paying off.”

Asked whether he would be getting a tattoo to celebrate, Brown said: “Yeah, I don’t mind Miami. It’s kind of my home country, so why not?”

‘Celebration in mind’;

https://www.total-motorsport.com/f1-...rs-new-tattoo/

2024 Miami Grand Prix: ‘We did it!’ – Listen to Norris’s jubilant team radio messages on his victory lap in Miami
    05 May 2024
    Formula One - Official Site (Video)

Lando Norris was full of praise for his team and his family after taking his first F1 victory – telling his race enigneer “this is just the beginning!”

‘We did it!’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/v...090802149.html

Kevin Magnussen and Carlos Sainz punished after incident-packed Miami Grand Prix
    06 May 2024 12:07 AM
    Henry Valantine
    PlanetF1.com

Carlos Sainz has dropped down to fifth place and Kevin Magnussen has received yet more penalties after visits to the stewards following the Miami Grand Prix.

Piastri and Sainz were both summoned for their on-track contact over potentially causing a collision – with Sainz having lost a place after being given a five-second penalty, while Magnussen was called before the stewards for pitting under Safety Car conditions and not changing tyres.

Alongside that punishment, his collision with Sargeant earned him two further penalty points on his FIA Super Licence – putting him up to 10 for the season and just two away from the 12 required to trigger a one-race ban.

‘Carlos Sainz has dropped down to fifth place’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/miami-...-sainz-piastri

2024 Miami Grand Prix - Race results [AMENDED].
    05/05/2024 at 22:42
    Andrew Lewin
    F1i.com

Full race results from the Miami Grand Prix at Miami International Autodrome, round 6 of the 2024 Formula 1 season.
    2024 Miami Grand Prix - Race results
    Pos Driver Team Gap Stops
    1 Lando Norris McLaren 57 laps - 1:30:49.876s 1
    2 Max Verstappen Red Bull + 7.612s 1
    3 Charles Leclerc Ferrari + 9.920s 1
    4 Sergio Pérez Red Bull + 14.650s 1
    5 Carlos Sainz Ferrari + 16.407s 2
    6 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes + 16.585s 1
    7 Yuki Tsunoda RB + 26.185s 1
    8 George Russell Mercedes + 34.789s 1
    9 Fernando Alonso Aston Martin + 37.107s 1
    10 Esteban Ocon Alpine + 39.746s 1

Full race results (Carlos Sainz has dropped down to fifth place)’;

https://f1i.com/news/507149-2024-mia...e-results.html

MAX VERSTAPPEN SECOND IN MIAMI GP, NORRIS WINS: 'WE DIDN'T HAVE THE PACE'
    06 May 2024
    Misha van der Kroon
    Verstappen.nl

Max Verstappen finished second in the Miami Grand Prix. At the start, the three-time World Champion immediately took the lead from pole position and seemed to be on his way to a problem-free victory for a long time. However, a safety car following the crash of Logan Sargeant threw a spanner in the works. Lando Norris was leading the race at that moment and was able to make a 'free' pit stop thanks to the safety car, which allowed him to retain the lead.

On his newer tyres, Norris had a good restart and continued to increase the gap to Verstappen. Ultimately, Norris took his first Grand Prix victory seven seconds ahead of Verstappen. It was the first for McLaren since the Italian Grand Prix in 2021. Verstappen had to settle for second place, followed by Charles Leclerc.

Max reacts calmly about his second place: “You win and you lose, we are used to that in racing. From our side it is disappointing, but on the other hand you have to be realistic and we just didn't have the pace. Today was tricky. It didn't feel great on the mediums. We were pulling away, but not like we should be.”

‘Max reacts calmly about his second place’;

https://news.verstappen.com/en/article/5456/

HORNER AFTER SECOND PLACE IN MIAMI: 'THAT'S RACING'
    06 May 2024
    Julien Lemmen
    Verstappen.nl

Team principal Christian Horner reflects after the race: "Firstly, congratulations to McLaren and Lando. They ran a great race and it’s a well deserved victory. Max was a little unfortunate to sustain floor damage when he hit the bollard around the 21st lap, he did well to maintain his position, but it was difficult for him to recover from there."

'THAT'S RACING';

https://news.verstappen.com/en/article/5457/

5 Winners and 5 Losers from the Miami Grand Prix – Who was making hay in the Sunshine State?
    Lando Norris secured the first Grand Prix victory of his career with a sensational drive in Miami – but while he and his McLaren team partied into the night, others didn’t have much to celebrate on their flights home.
    6th May 2024. 16:03.
    Lawrence Barretto
    F1 Correspondent & Presenter
    Formula One - Official Site

Winner: Lando Norris: You’d struggle to find a person in the Formula 1 paddock who wasn’t happy for Lando Norris as he clinched the first Grand Prix win of his career at the 110th attempt. The 24-year-old benefitted from a Safety Car intervention – but nailed the restart and showed devastating speed across the weekend in a heavily upgraded McLaren.

Loser: Oscar Piastri: The Miami Grand Prix was shaping up to be a cracker for Oscar Piastri, who made up three places in the opening sequence of corners to run third, before putting a pass on Charles Leclerc to run a brilliant second. However, he was undone by the timing of the Safety Car, which dropped him back – and then was unlucky to pick up front wing damage from a touch with Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz as they squabbled over fourth

Winner: Yuki Tsunoda: Yuki Tsunoda continued his fine start to 2024 with a brilliant performance across the Miami Sprint weekend in the upgraded RB. The Japanese racer snatched a point in the Sprint, making up seven places from a starting position of 15th – and then drove an inch-perfect Grand Prix to take seventh. This equalled his and the team’s best Grand Prix result of the season (he was seventh in Australia) and moves him onto 14 points, just three short of his points tally for the whole of last season.

‘5 Winners and 5 Losers’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...tmXMpXz64HRhW7

Just how close did "lucky" Red Bull come to Miami GP "disaster"?
    Sergio Perez almost took out Red Bull teammate Max Verstappen at the first corner of the Miami Grand Prix.
    06 May 2024
    Lewis Larkam
    Crash.Net

Red Bull’s participation in the F1 Miami Grand Prix nearly ended at the first corner following a close call between teammates Sergio Perez and Max Verstappen. After making a fast start, Perez looked to dive down the inside of both Ferraris as he attempted to jump up to second, but the Mexican could not slow down his car and locked up heavily into Turn 1.

Onboard footage from Perez’s car showed he came within inches of wiping out Verstappen before running wide and dropping down to fifth. “In hindsight, if I knew there was no grip on the inside, I wouldn’t have gone there in the first place,” said Perez, who finished fifth on the road but was promoted to fourth following a post-race penalty for Carlos Sainz.

"I went there because I thought it was going to be safe. But as soon as I hit the brakes, I could see that the car wouldn’t stop. I ended up front locking and I went straight. That meant basically that I nearly took Max out, so I had to release the brake to release the front locking.” Red Bull team principal Christian Horner admitted Perez was “lucky” not to hit his teammate after what he described as being an “optimistic” start.

‘Nearly ended at the first corner’;

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/104801...mi-gp-disaster

Christian Horner details 'a lot of damage' to Max Verstappen car after Miami mistake
    Max Verstappen finished second in the Miami Grand Prix.
    08:48, Mon, May 6, 2024
    By Charlie Parker-Turner
    Daily and Sunday Express

The collision with the bollard cost Verstappen a significant amount of time, and Lando Norris ultimately capitalised to win his first-ever Grand Prix. The McLaren star inherited the lead on Lap 29 after a Safety Car was deployed following Logan Sargeant’s crash. Norris then masterfully saw off the challenge of Verstappen to land the spoils by 7.6 seconds, with his post-safety car tyres also proving decisive in the final stages of the contest.

Speaking after the race, Horner heaped praise on Verstappen for managing to secure a second-place finish in Miami after his rare mistake. He said: “He hit the bollard around Lap 20 and that's actually done quite a lot of damage to the underside of the car. So we'll have to look at exactly what the effects of that was. But he had enough pace at that point, he was pulling clear of Oscar [Piastri] behind and Lando before he picked up that damage and then, obviously, thereafter we then pitted.”

"And yeah, the safety car came out at the best time for Lando, which gave him essentially a free stop. But, obviously, not great for us because then you're on tyres six or seven laps older. And with the damage, I think that actually second place was actually still a pretty decent result." Horner went on to provide details on the time that Verstappen lost as a result of the collision, both from the incident itself and because of the damage he sustained. He explained: “He lost two and a half tenths every lap in turn one. Now whether that was because of the damage, I think when you actually see the pictures of what was missing it wasn't designed like that."

‘Lot of damage to Max Verstappen car’;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...Red-Bull-Miami

Sainz "could have won" F1 Miami GP by pitting one lap later
    06 May 2024, 13:39
    Pablo Elizalde
    Motorsport.com

Sainz was running in front of Norris but had pitted a lap earlier, under race conditions, dropping to fifth by the time the accident occurred. Had Ferrari waited another lap, Sainz feels he would have emerged in the lead with a shot at winning the race.

"Frustrated, because we were ahead of him before that pitstop before the safety car," said Sainz of his race. "If we would have extended one more lap, we would've caught the safety car and we could have won the race too."

Ferrari team principal Fred Vasseur acknowledged the poor timing of the safety car, and joked that he "forgot the crystal ball". He said: "I was not aware that Sargeant and Magnussen would crash the lap after! Of course, when you are in this situation, you are a bit unlucky – or I would say probably that Lando was a bit lucky, because he was the only one on track.”

"Forgot the crystal ball";

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...ater/10607736/

Albon brands Miami GP ‘one of the most challenging races I’ve had with Williams’
    05 May 2024

Alex Albon said he and Williams need to investigate their performance in Miami after admitting he had been “struggling all weekend” on his way to 19th place at the flag.

‘Most challenging races’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/v...476196700.html

Sargeant feeling 'comfortable' despite rumors of potential seat loss
    05/05/2024 at 19:36
    Michael Delaney
    F1i.com

News of a dispensation request filed with the FIA to grant Antonelli, who is currently 17, an exemption from the minimum age requirement to compete in F1 only further fueled the speculaton.

It’s unclear who filed the request with the governing body, but Mercedes boss Toto Wolff dismissed in Miami the possibility of promoting Antonelli to a race seat in F1 anytime soon, given that the Italian’s main focus is on the FIA Formula 2 Championship.

Nevertheless, when questioned about the growing reports suggesting his potential mid-season demise, Sargeant was unfazed by the stories and innuendo. “You know, I talked to James [Vowles, Williams team principal] internally. I talked to my managers. I’m comfortable,” he said in Miami, quoted by Motorsport Week. “That’s all internal talk. So I’m not, I’m not going to say anything.”

‘Feeling comfortable';

https://f1i.com/news/507142-sargeant...seat-loss.html

‘What happened today is not good’ – Magnussen downbeat after Sargeant collision and stewards’ penalties
    05 May 2024

Kevin Magnussen had what he called “not a good day” after he had a collision with Logan Sargeant, was then hit with multiple penalties and ended the race down in P18.

“Not a good day”;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/v...401776108.html

Lando Norris left in awkward spot as six-year promise comes to light after Miami GP win.
    Lando Norris will need to celebrate his Miami Grand Prix triumph by jumping into the lake at the McLaren Technology Centre if he is to honour a promise that he made during a vlog posted to his YouTube channel back in 2018.
    Mon, May 6, 2024
    Harry Smith
    Daily and Sunday Express

The 24-year-old Brit climbed to the top of the podium at the 110th time of asking on Sunday, capitalising on a mid-race safety car to inherit the lead after running the alternate strategy. After the restart, Norris had the measure of three-time world champion Max Verstappen, stretching out a seven-second lead at the front en route to victory. After pulling into Parc Ferme, Norris sprinted towards his McLaren crew, leaping clear of the barriers and kickstarting wild celebrations.

Zak Brown was also beside himself with joy, but there is still one thing left for the Bristol-born racer to do before turning his attention towards the Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix in two weeks. In 2018, Norris was a test and simulator driver for the McLaren team, as well as part of their driver academy. While filming a vlog for his YouTube channel at the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking, he said: “I guess if I go and get my first win, I jump in,” while looking at the lake in the middle of the campus.

If anyone will hold Norris to account over his bold claims then it will be CEO Brown, who followed through on his promise to get a tattoo if Daniel Ricciardo won a race during his time at McLaren. The Aussie duly delivered at the 2021 Italian Grand Prix and his boss followed through, getting a permanent tattoo of the Monza circuit on his arm. Brown didn’t rule out getting another tattoo to commemorate the second Grand Prix victory

“First win, I jump in”;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...ami-Grand-Prix

Formula One's new British megastar Lando Norris parties into the early hours then heads to play golf at Augusta after Miami Grand Prix triumph
    6 May 2024
    Jonathan McEvoy
    MailOnline

Lando Norris was gathering his golf clubs as well as his senses on Monday morning after the biggest afternoon of his life, en route to Augusta National. The 24-year-old always planned to start his week at the home of the Masters, but he delayed the 600-mile trip from Miami by a day – or more specifically a night – after winning his first grand prix in Florida on Sunday.

Brown, whose friends are Augusta members, is more than Norris’s boss. He has nurtured his talent from a young age – ‘since he was 2ft 2in and weighed 40K’ as world karting champion a decade ago – and it was with an air of almost paternal pride that the 52-year-old American greeted his protégé’s triumph at the Hard Rock Stadium.

Sounding a little hoarse but declaring himself in good form when he rang Mail Sport, Brown reported that the night’s celebrations had been ‘young and screaming’. He got out relatively early from the party staged at a reception room in the team hotel. Music blared while a sports channel replayed the race.

‘British megastar Lando Norris parties’;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...x-triumph.html

Formula 1: Lando Norris not Miami's top point scorer, despite win
    Max Verstappen still managed to finish the Miami Grand Prix weekend with the most points scored among Formula 1 drivers, ironically thanks to Lando Norris' teammate.
    May 6, 2024
    Asher Fair
    Beyond the Flag (Weblog)

In his 110th career Formula 1 start in his sixth season in the sport, McLaren's Lando Norris finally earned the right to stand on the top step of the podium at Miami International Autodrome on Sunday afternoon. Norris made the most of a timely safety car to keep the lead of the Miami Grand Prix, as he had not yet made his pit stop. He had inherited the lead after Red Bull's Max Verstappen made his.

Yet it was still Max Verstappen who finished Miami Grand Prix weekend with the most points scored. Verstappen finished the weekend with 26 points, compared to Norris' tally of 25. Verstappen won Saturday's 19-lap sprint race from the pole position to score eight points, while Norris was taken out in a first corner melee which saw questionable moves from both Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton and Aston Martin's Lance Stroll.

And at the end of the day, it was Verstappen whose championship lead grew from the start of the weekend to the end of it. He now owns a 35-point lead over teammate Perez, who has been unable to win either one of the two races Verstappen hasn't won through six starts this year. Norris still sits in fifth place in the standings, but he is now just 18 points outside of the top two.

‘Max Verstappen: Most points scored’;

https://beyondtheflag.com/posts/form...n-01hx5hcmsera

F1 NATION: What does Lando's first win mean for him and McLaren? – It’s our Miami GP review
    06 May 2024.
    Formula One - Official Site

In Miami, Tom Clarkson, F1.com Editor Greg Stuart and F1 Explains podcast presenter Christian Hewgill discuss how far McLaren can go this season after Lando Norris’ first Grand Prix victory.

McLaren CEO Zak Brown and Team Principal Andrea Stella join the F1 Nation team to discuss how Lando won, what it will mean for his future and the next steps in the team's development.

Also up for debate: how were McLaren behind Red Bull during the F1 Sprint, but able to pull away and win the race? Was this a missed opportunity for Ferrari? And were there signs of encouragement for Mercedes?

‘What does Lando's first win mean?’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...b084J9leRV8xS3

‘Getting the maximum’: Jenson Button says 191-race F1 driver is now the ‘strongest’ he’s ever seen him
    Tue 7 May 2024 06:30
    Ben Evans
    F1 Oversteer

Jenson Button had his say on how the first six race weekends of the 2024 Formula 1 season have played out. Arguably the highest-profile driver still searching for a seat is Carlos Sainz and Jenson Button was full of praise for him at the Miami Grand Prix. He’s already a race winner this season but didn’t have the strongest weekend on the paddock’s first visit to the United States this season.

Damon Hill is predicting Sainz to join Aston Martin, although that would require Lance Stroll to be dropped which seems unlikely. Sainz crossed the finish line in 4th in Sunday’s Grand Prix but was handed a five-second penalty for his collision with Oscar Piastri that saw the Australian forced to pit and miss out on the points altogether.

‘191-race F1 driver now the ‘strongest’ seen him’;

https://www.f1oversteer.com/news/jen...ever-seen-him/

F1: FIVE THINGS WE LEARNT FROM THE 2024 MIAMI GRAND PRIX
    It was a thrilling race weekend in the sunshine state with wheel-to-wheel racing and an unexpected grand prix winner
    May 6, 2024
    Hannah May
    FormulaNerds

Lando can do it: Norris faced disappointment in the Miami Sprint Race following a collision with Lance Stroll – caused by Lewis Hamilton in a concertina effect – into turn one of lap one, ending his race. However, Norris’ luck changed for Sunday’s race.

Aston Martin: unlucky or lacking pace?: At the start of the season, Aston Martin rivalled McLaren for pace. However, they have since fallen behind the struggling Mercedes.
    Redemption for RB: Last round in China, RB suffered a disastrous weekend – leading David Croft to coin the phrase “RB stands for really bad”. Stroll collided with the back of Daniel Ricciardo during a safety car restart, and Kevin Magnussen took out Yuki Tsunoda.

Hamilton battled Haas: Throughout the Miami Grand Prix weekend, the seven-time world champion was involved in some fierce battles. Notably, his battle with Magnussen in the sprint race and Nico Hulkenberg in the grand prix.
    Magnussen attempted to beat Ocon’s penalty record: As aforementioned, Magnussen picked up multiple penalties throughout the Miami Grand Prix weekend. As reported by RacingNews365, the Dane is now on the verge of a race ban as his tally is on 10 total penalty points.

‘FIVE THINGS WE LEARNT’;

https://www.formulanerds.com/feature...mi-grand-prix/

Winners and Losers from 2024 F1 Miami Grand Prix
    Who has made the rundown of Winners and Losers from the 2024 F1 Miami Grand Prix?
    6 May 6:00PM
    Jake Nichol
    RacingNews365

The Miami Grand Prix has drawn criticism during its time on the Formula 1 calendar for the design of the track, the expensive ticket prices and every celebrity or influencer you could think of using the race for a flashy Instagram post.

But the third trip to Florida was perhaps the best on-track showing as the race was full of enough intrigue up as Max Verstappen did not clear off into the distance as expected from pole position and had, by his standards, a scrappy afternoon.

It ended with Lando Norris finally winning a grand prix, at the 110th time of asking to become the 21st Briton to win in F1 and bank the 309th win for a British driver. As an aside, it now means Lewis Hamilton has exactly one-third of all the wins for British drivers with his 103.

‘Winner - Lando Norris, Loser - Max Verstappen, Winner - Esteban Ocon/Alpine, Loser - Oscar Piastri, Winner - Yuki Tsunoda, Loser - Kevin Magnussen’;

https://racingnews365.com/winners-an...ami-grand-prix