Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Cheers guys, you haven´t got a clue.

2. Likes: Tazio (22nd August 2015)
    Liked 648 Times in 513 Posts
    Kimi !
    May the forza be with you

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    If Vettel is really better than Raikkonen, then why does Ferrari keep extending the Finn's contract?

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    If Vettel is really better than Raikkonen, then why does Ferrari keep extending the Finn's contract?

Vettel's contract includes a clause which states "The team must provide a team mate who's atrocious performances will make me look awesome."
    Kimi is perfect.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriwa View Post
    Vettel's contract includes a clause which states "The team must provide a team mate who's atrocious performances will make me look awesome."
    Kimi is perfect.
    If that was the case, they should have kept Massa instead. Kimi may have been rather atrocious when compared to Alonso, but this year he's being much closer to Vettel, also because the car is better suited to him. Rather than poor driving, Kimi has been hampered by his car's lack of reliability.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    So what do we think might happen with Red Bull and Toro Rosso's engines next year. I've been hearing about Red Bull changing to Mercedes, but also of Toro Rosso going back to Ferrari.

Or is this more likely for 2017?

If it's next year, it will have a very interesting impact indeed on the pecking order. Obviously Red Bull, even without Newey and Prodromou I would expect to be up there, certainly as good as Ferrari this year. But Toro Rosso could become very competitive indeed with many top 6 qualifying spots.

For this to happen next year, Renault would need to complete their plan to re-buy Lotus and become Renault F1 again in 2016. I guess that means they would be lumped with the Renault PU, which would surely see a slip down the order.

P.S. I quickly ran a Grand Prix 2 season under this scenario, with Kevin Magnussen installed alongside Grosjean at Renault; I much prefer him to Maldonado though I feel Pastor will get 1 more year.

The result was Hamilton retiring 3 times in a row towards season's end, with Rosberg also recording a double DNF, allowing Vettel to become champion! In fact Hamilton dropped to only 5th between the Red Bull drivers and even Kimi pipped Rosberg for 2nd. Williams took 7th and 8th, Toro Rosso 9th and 10th and McLaren 11th and 13th, with their best results being a couple of 5th places and a couple of 6ths, plus Button starting from 4th on the grid twice.
    Last edited by rjbetty; 8th September 2015 at 07:14.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Engine silly season is more interesting that driver silly season, that's for sure.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Although engine silly season could form driver silly season too, assuming Lotus becomes Renault, Merc supply manor and Red Bull do something, that could push a few drivers in/out

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Yep, every time I run a test season I am having to abandon it and start again, since it now appears that Red Bull may run Ferrari engine, and they may be year old engines too! And the same for Toro Rosso. Then I hear Mercedes to Manor?!! Wow that would be amazing! Wonder if they would be old engines too though...

As for Maldonado, I feel I've run out of patience with him, can't see him really coming good now. He's had a good run, how much longer will that money last? I see him getting at least 1 more year which I won't begrudge, but even with 22 cars, there still seems a shortage of seats for good drivers.

We have Kevin Magnussen, Stoffel Vandoorne, Jean-Eric Vergne and Esteban Gutierrez amongst several others, with only a few seats going, back of the grid at that, with more than 1 name being left without a chair when the music stops.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Much seems to depend on Renault, and if they come back a s a constructor i.e. buy the Black team. If they do it seems that it will be an exclusive deal and both RedBull teams will have to look elsewhere. Therese elsewhere options are limited as Merc have already said they will not supply Red Bull because they don't want to help a team with strong chassis designs. RedBull wont work with Honda yet, because they don't want to help in the development side of things, if Honda were producing a powerful and reliable engine, RedBull would want in, but McLaren have a say in what if any other teams come on board, and I can't see McLaren welcoming RedBull any way, so the only option is Ferrari. The Ferrari bigs have already said that they would supply RBR and they are not afraid of the competition (a dig at Merc me thinks).

So unless RBR convince VAG to come in (too late now for next season anyway) it will be RBR-Ferrari next year.

As for Manor to Merc, it wont make much difference it is not the engine that is the problem for Manor it is the car. A good chassis with the 2013 Ferrari engines would be doing ok this season.

Maldo has a contract with the Black team for next season as they need his money, if Renault take over I don't think they will keep him on ( not just because of the sponsorship clash) I would guess they will keep Romain, and I would like to see Palmer promoted to race with him. JEV might be another option - good driver and French.

Rumour suggests that McLaren will promote vanDoorne alongside Fred. There is talk of Magnussen and Guitirrez both finding a home at Haas. What I have read suggests Guitierrez is almost confirmed (strong Ferrari link)